Not just Custom ROMs but officially leaked builds can be used to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S Firmware. First method is using Samsung Kies which can be used only for officially released Firmwares. Here we will, learn to flash Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with either leaked, custom ROM or Official release.
Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S i9000
- Latest Samsung Kies or Device drivers installed.
- ODIN 3 version 1.0 (flash program)
- Upgrade Firmware upgrade File (.tar) can be downloaded from Samsung-Firmware
- PIT file (the boot file of the phone generally called 512.pit) which will be included in upgrade file.
- USB cable
- Remove the battery, SIM card and MicroSD card from your phone
- Reinsert the battery
- Push the Home + Volume Down buttons and press the Power On button
- After the download screen appears, open Odin 3 v1.0 (preferably “Run as Administrator”)
- Browse the PIT file from extracted firmware upgrade, Press on the PIT button and load the “s1_odin_20100512.pit” file.
- In PDA, browse the TAR file which is the main file requirement, Press on the PDA button and load the “I9000XXJP2-REV03-PDA-CL464213.tar” inside the I9000XXJP2 RAR file.
- Click on the PHONE button and load the “MODEM_I9000XXJP2.tar”inside the I9000XXJP2
- RAR file.
- Optionally if there is any file with CSC in it, browse and select it, Click on the CSC button and load the “GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJP2.tar”inside the I9000XXJP2 RAR file.
- Click on the “Re-Partition” checkbox
- Switch off Phone and remove SD Card (if any) and SIM.
- Connect with USB, With a USB cable, connect your Galaxy S to your PC
- Set USB Debugging On (System > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.)
- Hold Volume down + Home Key + Power button till the phone boots in “Download mode”.
- Press on the Start button in Odin and soon, your Galaxy S will be upgraded to Android 2.2 Froyo, press Start button on Odin program window after it detects ID:COM
- Phone will reboot again and whoa! your Phone is flashed with latest firmware.
Take Backup of Contacts, Messages and Calender events and Apps before proceeding as it will erase all data in ROM.
I have flashed my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with official leaked ROM using the following procedure and it worked fine on Windows 7.
We are not responsible if you accidentally brick your phone.
Note : *password: samsung-firmwares.com