On the left side you will find Micro-SD slot (up to 4GB), infrared and mini USB. On the right phone there is scroll button and undo button. On the top there is earphone port. Motorola Q8 are fully QWERTY button, battery is li-ion 1,130 mAH you can find extended battery on eBay (recommended).
Inside Motorola Q8 there is standard application, this is included: sms and email, Internet explorer, windows media player for mobile, task scheduler, etc. You can buy and install more application on this Motorola Q8 as long app are compatible with windows mobile 5.0 example facade, java emulator, candlelight, facebook for windows mobile and many more.
When I try this Motorola Q8 performance I’m slightly disappointed I think this phone would be faster. But it was wrong, this phone has delay 1-3 seconds (depend on how much app you’re running in background). Anyway it not really interfere.
Motorola Q8 cdma are ev-do already, you can enjoy the fast speed experience on Internet using this smart phone as modem. Motorola Q8 is ev-do rev.0 mean the maximum downstream is 2.4Mbps.
Camera included in this Motorola Q8 is 1.3 megapixel, included flash. When I tested it inside room the picture quality are little blurry, but when I tested it on sunny day (outside) the picture quality are great! so this camera is just standard, don’t hope to much.
What bad about this Motorola Q8? There is only one I think… this phone is using injected number, mean we can’t change phone number easily like another (mostly) Nokia phone. This might not a big problem for people in good country out there, but in here this is bad because not every operator would allowed inject system.
Motorola Q8 Specification:
- Network System : Inject CDMA (800 / 1900 MHz)
- Display Type : TFT (Thin Film Transistor) technology
- Display Size : 320 x 240 pixels, 65K TFT
- Display Features : QWERTY keyboard, 5-way navigation button and thumb wheel
- Ringtones Type : iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, WAX, QCELP
- Bluetooth : Yes
- Infrared port : Yes
- USB : Yes
- Operating System : Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Camera : 1.3 mega pixel camera with flash
- Other Features : PIM functionality with Picture Caller ID Advanced
- speech recognition and speakerphone
- Battery : 1130 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Battery Stand-by : 200 hours
- Battery Talk time : 4 hours